The City of Marion is currently seeking The following:
Code Enforcement Officer
Click here for more information
Marion Police Department
Chief D.R. Crane
Chief of Police
(830) 914-2391 ext. 305
Sergeant E. Hicks
(830) 914-2391 ext. 307
Officer J. Calentine
Officer R. Gonzales
In addition to these officers, we have a reserve police force.
Copies of police reports may be obtained by bringing a completed copy of the request for Police Report to the Marion City Hall. Reports may be obtained Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The cost for a Police Report is $5.00.
Marion Volunteer Fire Department
P.O. Box 490
Marion, TX 78124
Please contact the Fire Department directly about Volunteer Opportunities.
Emergency Medical Services
Schertz EMS - Serving the City Of Marion
1400 Schertz Pkwy (Administrative Offices)
Schertz, TX 78154
Governor’s Division of Emergency Management
Wildfire Awareness: Preparedness and Evacuations
Wildland fires pose a threat throughout Texas, especially when dry weather conditions combine with high winds and extreme temperatures. Whether you live near open grassland, in a suburban area on the edge of town or in a forested area, fire can threaten your home. When weather conditions make wildland fires more likely, take the following precautions:
- Keep firefighting tools handy, such as: ladder long enough to reach the roof, shovel, rake and buckets.
- Place connected garden hoses on all sides of the house for emergency use.
- Know all emergency exits from your house.
- Learn all routes leading out of your neighborhood.
As fires actually approach, take the following actions:
- Park your car facing the direction of escape.
- Shut off gas at the meter. Only a qualified professional can safely turn the gas back on.
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Place combustible patio furniture inside.
- Seal vents with pre-cut plywood or commercial seals.
- Wet down or remove shrubs within 15 feet of your residence.
- Place lawn sprinklers on roof and near aboveground fuel tanks. Wet down the roof.
- Close windows, vents, doors, blinds and non-combustible window coverings. Remove flammable drapes and curtains.
- Close interior doors and windows to prevent drafts.